Visitors drawn to Arkansas' natural beauty and recreational opportunities enjoy the peaceful seclusion of Elva’s Cedar Cottage, the ideal hideaway from which to enjoy the beauty of the Natural State's picturesque seasons.
Elva’s Cedar Cottage sits serenely on Elva and Mike Kelly's 500 acres of private forest and pasture. You'll find this distinctive and roomy 2-bedroom cabin warmly and tastefully decorated with antiques, collectibles, and original artwork and photographs.
It is centrally located in north-central Arkansas, midway between the beautiful Buffalo National River and Yellville, the county seat of Marion County. Enjoy fishing on the Buffalo National River, White River, Crooked Creek, Bull Shoals Lake, and Lake Norfolk . Hike the trails throughout the Buffalo National River Park, the Ozark National Forest, and Stone, Newton, Baxter, Boone and Marion Counties. Hike or bicycle the cottage's private 1.5 mile private hiking trail just outside the back door. Enjoy canoeing and kayaking on the Buffalo National River, eating a picnic in the Buffalo River National Park, or swimming at Buffalo Point.
The cottage’s pastoral surroundings provide the ideal place from which to view birds, deer, squirrels, wild turkeys and other animals which inhabit our area. All seasons of the year can be enjoyed during your stay. Whether you choose to hunt the elusive morel mushroom and identify our many wild flowers that bloom in the spring, float the Buffalo National River in the summer, hike the trails amidst the lovely fall colors, or walk the snowy country roads in the winter, there are many enjoyable ways to enjoy life at Elva’s Cedar Cottage.
- Relax on the covered front porch with a book and a cup of tea and experience the pure pleasure of an unhurried time out from your busy life.
- Take a hike or ride your bicycle.
- With binoculars in hand, witness the many birds such as the woodpecker, blue bird, cardinal, blue jay, hummingbird, titmouse, robin, whip-poor-will, tanager, and many more, which are active in the vicinity.
- Recline on the back deck's comfortable patio chairs in the evening to watch the setting sun, and feast upon the stunning display of stars that only this rural setting, far from city lights, can provide.
- Close your eyes, relax, and listen to the hypnotic sounds of nature.
- Pick and identify the many seasonal blooming wild flowers such as Purple Coneflower, Queen Anne’s lace, Black-Eyed Susan, Verbena, Phlox, and Compass Plant.
- Enjoy a cookout in the spacious yard.
- Relax in comfortable lawn chairs in the shade of the old oak tree.
- KODAK MOMENTS abound in the Ozark Mountains, so be sure to bring your camera.
- Canoe, fish, and swim in local rivers and lakes.
- You can enjoy rock collecting or rock climbing.
- Shop our local antique shops, country auctions, and Arkansas arts & crafts stores.
- Sleeps 6
- 1 private bedroom with 1 queen-sized bed
- 1 private bedroom with 2 twin beds
- 1 queen hide-a-bed sofa in living area
- Spacious and well-appointed kitchen
- Separate dining room
- Plenty of closet and drawer space
- 1 bath with full-size tub/shower
- Central Air Conditioning and Heating
- Covered Front Porch with Ceiling Fan
- Backyard Grill
- Back Deck
- Range With Four Burners and Large Oven
- Full-size Refrigerator/Freezer
- Coffee Maker
- Toaster Oven
- Satellite TV
- Quality Linens
- 1.5 Mile Private Hiking Trail Just Outside the Back Door